J. Salvador Saldivar, MD, MPH, FACS, FACOG
Dr. Saldivar is honored to care for the women of El Paso, a community he loves. He graduated from the University of Texas El Paso with high honors in biology. He earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago and a master’s of public health from the University of Texas School of Public Health in Houston. Dr. Saldivar furthered his training and completed residencies in general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology at Texas Tech University Health Science Center in El Paso. He then completed gynecology oncology fellowships at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and The University of British Columbia and the British Columbia Cancer Agency in Vancouver. He is recognized as a ‘Master Surgeon’ in Robotic/Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
Dedicated to excellence, he is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the American College of Surgery. Dr. Saldivar has participated in research throughout his career to improve the care and treatment of women with gynecological disease, including studies focused on cervical and ovarian cancer. His research has been published in numerous medical journals and texts. Dr. Saldivar also has a passion for training new physicians and served as an associate professor in gynecology oncology for nine years at Texas Tech Health Science Center. While there, he was honored with teaching awards including the Association of Professors of Gynecology & Obstetrics-National APGO Excellence in Teaching Award, and the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics & Gynecology (CREOG)-National Faculty Award. Dr. Saldivar was recognized as one of two “Doctors of the Year” for 2022 by Las Palmas Medical Center.
Dr. Saldivar is a member of numerous professional societies including American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Texas Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Texas Medical Association, American Association for Cancer Research, and Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, among others. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Fluent English and Spanish
Procedures & Conditions
- Diagnosis and treatment of female reproductive tract dysplasia and Cancers of the vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, ovarian, fallopian tube, peritoneum.
- Evaluation and treatment of lower genital tract dysplasias
- Hereditary reproductive tract cancer risk assessment and genetic testing
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation
- Complex pelvic and abdominal surgery including cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer, HIPEC chemotherapy
- Complex Robotic and laparoscopic minimally invasive gynecologic oncology surgery including lymphadenectomy and fertility-sparing gynecologic surgery
- Genital tract fistula management—vesico-vaginal, entero-vaginal fistulas
- Routine and complex gynecology
- HPV vaccinations
- Colposcopy, hysteroscopy and laser surgery of reproductive tract disorders
- Contraception management, including implant and intrauterine device placement and removal
- Central venous catheter/port-a-cath placement for chemotherapy
101 Rim Road
El Paso, TX 79902